Meet Me at the Albany has a principal office at located at 692 Golden Ridge Road, Albany, NY 12210, United States of America.
If you have any questions about this Policy or questions or complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us using the details below:
FAO: Data Protection Officer
Address: Meet Me at the Albany, 692 Golden Ridge Road, Albany, NY 12210, USA
Email: [email protected]
1. Information We Collect
We collect personal information in the following ways:
1.1 Information that you provide to us directly
We gather information that you provide to us when you:
- purchase products or services from us
- subscribe to our newsletters and mailing lists
- participate in promotional offers (such as a trial subscription) and other promotions, competitions or prize drawings
- fill in forms, conduct searches, post content on the website, respond to surveys, or use any other features of our websites
- make an inquiry, provide feedback, submit correspondence, or make a complaint over the phone, by email, on our website or by post
- register for, and update an online account with us (including if you access through Facebook, Twitter, Google, or an open IP provider)
- enter into a contract with us
- contact other users on the websites, e.g. on the Meet Me at the Albany various websites
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to, or interact with, our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, and Others.
The information you provide to us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or your signature.
- Account profile data: a username/display name, password, user preferences and, if you sign up through a social media account, certain information about that account.
- Visual and audio information about yourself: e.g. a photo or video footage, or sound recording.
- Your preferences: information about your preferences, interests, industry focus, community choices, and other customer profile information.
- Any other information that you choose to share with us: for example, any information that you provide via correspondence, when you fill out our survey(s), that you share via our website or social media accounts linked to our website.
1.2 Information we collect through technology related to our products and services
Some of our products and services collect information about system and product data. We use this information to manage and administer our products and services, to issue updates and new versions, testing and monitoring services that we provide, enhancing our products and services, and improving and targeting our communications with you.
1.3 Information we collect through online technology
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, local storage, and scripts are used by us and our affiliates, and other companies, such as third party technology service providers and web analytics providers. These technologies make it easier for you to navigate our website and to help us manage the content on our website and are used to analyze trends, administer the sites, track users’ movements around the site (including which site you clicked from to arrive at our site), and gather demographic information about our user base.
1.4 Information from other sources
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from other sources, including third parties. For example, we may receive personal information from any of the following, who may be based inside and/or outside the EU:
- Other website users.
- Your agents or representatives who are acting on your instructions.
- Commercial contact lists that we acquire from other organizations.
- Organizations that we acquire or merge with.
- Organizations with whom we provide co-branded events, websites, products, and services.
- Fraud detection agencies.
- Social media plugins. By providing your social media account details you are authorizing that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you.
We might also receive information about you from other third parties if you have indicated to such third parties that you would like to hear from us.
1.5 Special categories of data
We do not collect details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. Depending on the circumstances, we will also do not collect information about criminal convictions and offenses.
2. Using Personal Information
2.1 How we use information we collect
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our website in a manner convenient and optimal and with personalized content relevant to you (on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure our website is presented in an effective and optimal manner).
- To register and maintain your Meet Me at the Albany account (on the basis of performing our contract with you).
- To monitor your account and use of services to ensure compliance with our end-user agreements and prevent and identify unlawful content use and violations (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business, or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
- To enable you to communicate with other website users and clients (on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or on the basis of performing our contract with you).
- To provide customer service and support, like dealing with inquiries or complaints about the website, which may include sharing your information with our website developer, IT support provider, and payment services provider as necessary (on the basis of performing our contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing the correct products and services to our website users, and to comply with our legal obligations).
- To enable you to take part in prize drawings, competitions, and surveys (on the basis of performing our contract with you, and our legitimate interest in studying how our website and services are used, to develop them, and to grow our business).
- To carry out marketing and let you know about our news, events, new website features products or services that we believe may interest you, including sharing your information with our marketing services providers (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or our legitimate interests to provide you with marketing communications where we may lawfully do so).
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you (on the basis of our legitimate interests in studying how our website/services are used, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- To interact with users on social media platforms (on the basis of our legitimate interest in promoting our brand and communicating with interested individuals).
- To conduct data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences (on the basis of our legitimate interests in defining types of customers for our website and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business, to provide the right kinds of products and services to our customers, and to inform our business and marketing strategy).
- To make suggestions and recommendations by sharing your information with selected third parties such as sponsors and partners, so they can contact you about things that may interest you (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or on the basis of our legitimate interest to share details of conference attendees with our co-presenters and sponsors).
- To carry out marketing research and user testing to assess the levels of satisfaction of existing and proposed products and services (on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out research, providing the right kinds of products and services to our customers).
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business, or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
- To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, and to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your information with our technical and legal advisors (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business, or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
We will use your information for the purposes listed above either on the basis of:
- your consent (where we request it);
- performance of your contract with us and the provision of our services to you;
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- our legitimate interests or those of a third party (see section 2.2 below for more information).
2.2 Legitimate interests
As outlined above, in certain circumstances we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties. Where we refer to our “legitimate interests”, we mean our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business and our relationship with you, including the legitimate interests we have specified in section 2.1 above.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to details of “Your Rights” in Section 6 below.
3. How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you and do not sell your personal information to third parties. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as follows:
- Other website users and clients who use our websites and/or applications to communicate or otherwise interact with you;
- Sponsors, partners and collaborators, including sponsors of our events, products or services, and organizations with whom we host co-branded events.
- Our service providers who are acting as processors and who assist us with our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our products/services to you.
- Wholly owned subsidiaries, and foreign offices, of Meet Me at the Albany.
- Marketing parties which are any selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes.
- Any prospective buyer of our business or assets, only in the event that we wish to sell any part of our business or assets.
- Other third parties including legal, professional or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts, law enforcement agencies and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
4. How We Look After Your Personal Information and How Long We Keep It
We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We also operate a policy of “privacy by design” by looking for opportunities to minimize the amount of personal information we hold about you.
The safeguards we use include:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices, warehouses, or other sites
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption
- using standard security protocols and mechanisms (such as secure socket layer (SSL) encryption) to transmit sensitive data such as credit card details
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees
- limiting access to your personal information to those who need to use it in the course of their work
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us using the methods outlined in the “Contact Us” section above.
5. Children’s Privacy
Our website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect or maintain the personal information of children under the age of 13, and in some jurisdictions under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 13, please do not access our website at any time or in any manner. If we learn that we have collected personal information of children under the age of 13 or 16 (as applicable), we will take appropriate steps to delete that data.
6. Sharing Data with Third Parties
Please be responsible with personal information of others when using our website and the services available on it. We are not responsible for your misuse of personal information, or for the direct relationship between you and others that takes place outside of the website or our services.
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your consent. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective.